For research purposes, it is necessary to present the projects of sounding rocket systems (SRS) with rockets designed to reach the altitute from 10,000 m to 120,000 m above the surface of the Earth.
Sounding rockets (also known as research rocket) as part of the sounding rocket systems are a tool for making measurements or conducting scientific experiments during their sub-orbital flights.
- RVC components
- RVC requirements
- LV requirements
- Main propulsion system requirements
- Data collection and transmission requirements
- Launch complex should ensure
- Launch vehicle (LV).
- Launch complex (LC).
Basic criteria for developing RVC:
- technological effectiveness of both LV and LC design;
- use of modern materials produced in Ukraine;
- output of the maximum payload with the minimum gross launching mass;
- minimum cost of launch services while performing a functional purpose and complying with all safety requirements.
- RVC shall provide preparation for launch, launch, control of basic parameters of the LV trajectory in flight, conducting post-launch operations, conducting operations in the event of launch cancellation.
- RVC shall provide preparation and launch at temperatures from -5 ºС to +35 ºС, wind speeds at a height of 10 meters not more than 5 meters per second, as well as in the absence of precipitation during daylight hours.
- Preparations for launch and launch of LV must be carried out remotely (without the involvement of launching personnel) from a distance of at least 500 meters.
- The launch vehicle must be equipped with a parachute rescue system. LV start type is a ground launcher due to the thrust of the main propulsion system.
- The LV must not have uncontrolled detachable structures or uncontrolled structures, assemblies, and discharges.
- The payload must be separated from the LV when it reaches the specified or allowable altitude.
- The LV launches must be carried out in a trajectory close to the vertical.
- The LV must be unmanned and statically stable on the active flight path.
- The rescue system should ensure that the product is minimally destroyed.
- The rescue system (if possible) should ensure the return of the LV in a radius of 5 kilometers around the launch point - additional points.
- The LV must be designed to allow for repeated use of components after inspection.
Main propulsion system requirements
- Liquid rocket engine with the propellant or pump pressurization of fuel components or solid propellant rocket engine.
- Fuel components are affordable, non-cryogenic and environmentally friendly.
Data collection and transmission requirements
During the flight, it is necessary to collect the following data:
- flight altitude;
- the parameters of power plant (PP) and pneumatic-hydraulic circuit (PHC) (depending on the implementation scheme);
- flight coordinates;
- video registration.
During the flight, it is necessary to transmit the following data:
- flight altitude;
- flight coordinates.
Launch complex should ensure
- Required scope of checks for ground and airborne systems.
- Setting the LV at the starting position.
- Placement of launch operators.
- Remote control and control over the pre-launch operations, launch, post-launch operations, operations in case of launch cancellation.
- Control over the basic parameters of the LV trajectory in flight.
- Full operation for finding the LV at the starting position within 48 hours.
- Search for depleted LV.
- At least 10 launches.